I wanted to take some time to write and say, well, “goodbye” to all of you (for now). I have accepted a position at Florida Christian College as the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. I’m excited and grateful for the opportunity, but it’s definitely going to be hard leaving a place I have truly grown to love and appreciate. A place that has allowed me to grow not only academically, but also socially, athletically, and most importantly, in my relationship to Christ.

What will I miss the most? Definitely, without a doubt, for SURE, I will miss not getting to live in the dorms for a sixth year. Just kidding. But, believe it or not, I actually did live in the dorms all five years I was here! That’s gotta be a record.

I’ll miss the people though, for sure. I know it’s not every student’s experience here (unfortunately), but I really felt welcomed at this place. Thank you for that. I’ll also really miss being a part of Goshen College Men’s Basketball team. That was an unforgettable part of my experience here, and I would certainly not be the person I am today if not for my time in intercollegiate athletics.

I’ll miss the little things, too, of course. Like the Rott. (I actually like the food… a lot.) I’ll miss how awesome this place is when everything is budding for Spring (like now) and when everything is changing colors for Fall. Though I certainly won’t miss the three months of just plain, depressing gray in between. I’ll miss soccer games and singing “Go, Goshen, Go” for hours after the game cause it’s stuck in my head. Speaking of songs, I’ll miss how, when the song “Africa” by Toto is played ANYWHERE on campus, a bunch of random people get together and start dancing and singing. I guess I’ll just miss all those little peculiar things that make Goshen, well, Goshen.

So students, be strong and resilient! Take advantage of all the opportunities here, and really live it up. And by live it up, I mean enjoy college and live for Christ—yes, even in college despite what certain songs about college might tell you (you know which one I’m talking about). In the end, that’s all that really matters anyway.

Alright, I’ll stop preachin’.

But seriously, there is not enough space to say everything I want to say, or thank everyone I want to thank from these last five years. I will do my best to represent you all well, and I certainly plan on being back in the near future, at least to visit.

Until then, thank you, Goshen College.

I love you all.

Bryce Bow is a physical education and psychology major from Muncie, Ind.