Artists Talk: Kristi Glick ’97 and Anne Binder present Topics and Issues

Kristi Glick, a 1997 Goshen College graduate, and Anne Binder, a local artist, combine artistic work and vision in a two-part exhibit currently on display in the Hershberger Art Gallery, located in the Goshen College Music Center.

The exhibit opened in November and will continue through Jan. 18. Glick and Binder will give their Topics and Issues talk on Sunday, Jan. 18, at 1:30 p.m. in the gallery and will discuss their work in the process of creating.

According to Judy Wenig-Horswell, associate professor of art, Glick, a former student, was actually an interdisciplinary major with a concentration in art, specifically jewelry. After serving in Bolivia with her husband, Glick returned to Goshen College as a resident director of junior and senior housing. During that time, she took the opportunity to gain experience in a different medium and began to work with enamel.

Glick attended East Carolina University and received her master’s degree in metal design in 2007. Now she will be sharing more about her exhibit entitled, “Invitation. Stillness. Movement,” which includes an intriguing collection of her jewelry pieces, enamel panels and prints.

In addition, Binder, executive director of Studio Arts Center of South Bend, will discuss her work with calligraphy and how she layers poetry, color and designs onto canvas, in an exhibit of multiple tapestry-like pieces entitled, “Beyond Words.”

The exhibit is free of charge and open to the public during the week from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m,  from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sundays.

Written by Elizabeth Beachy

Senior English Secondary Education major from Wellman, Iowa. I like really strong coffee. (I need really strong coffee.) I like real mail. In the summers, I work for my town newspaper The Wellman Advance and The Riverside Current. This means I do things like take photos of 4-H kids with their bunnies at the county fair, interview the local, newly hired nursing home director, or attend controversial city council or school board meetings. I get to learn all sorts of interesting things about my community. It's delightful!

No one have left a comment for this post yet!