Students stuck in Goshen over midterm break may be jealous while looking at pictures of their friends having fun, tanning on a beach somewhere warm. While there is no beach in Goshen to enjoy, there are lots of other fun things to keep students entertained over break. Here are the top 5:
1) Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity: Students who will be around the week of midterm break can volunteer with Habitat for Humanity to help put up walls and construct a shed for a Goshen family. Volunteers will work Tuesday, February 24 through Friday, February 27 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Instructors will teach skills on site. Anyone interested or that has questions can contact Timothy Bixler at email@example.com.
2) Visit the Old Bag Factory: The Old Bag Factory is a hidden gem many students have never discovered. This historic building is home to many different retail establishments including artists, specialty shops and dining. The unique, antiquated building is enough reason to visit the Old Bag Factory; the shops are the reason to stay for hours. Walk around the Old Bag Factory and discover something unique, exciting and new.
3) Explore Downtown Goshen: Another hidden gem that many students have never taken advantage of are the shops in downtown Goshen. Almost every student knows about or has visited places like JoJo’s Pretzels and The Electric Brew. However, many have never explored the other shops down this stretch of Main Street. Students can go shopping for clothing at places like Jules Boutique or admire crafts from another culture at Ten Thousand Villages. There’s something for everyone in downtown Goshen.
4) Bowling: Maple City Bowl has some great deals throughout the week that students should take advantage of. Tuesdays from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Wednesdays from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Two hours of “all you can bowl” is only five dollars per person. Every Thursday night games, shoes and soft drinks are just a dollar each from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
5) See a movie at Art House: Art House on Main Street shows movies every weekend for affordable prices and sells great popcorn from Yoder’s Popcorn for only two dollars. There are a variety of events and movies being shown over the two weekends of break, so visit their Facebook page to see what’s playing.