Healthy Bodies Week
GSWA will host Healthy Bodies Week between March 17 and 21 with the following events:
Monday at 9:30 p.m.
- Viewing and discussion of the documentary “Busting Out” in NC 17, all genders are welcomed.
Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- Mental illness presentation by Becca Yoder, a 2013 graduate, NC 17, all genders are welcomed.
Wednesday at 8:30 p.m.
- Body casting for women only, details to be announced during the week.
Thursday at 9:30 p.m.
- Yoga class in NC 19, all genders are welcomed.
- Discussion of body and sexuality for women only, details to be announced during the week.
Saturday at 1 p.m.
- Poetry readings and dessert in NC 17, all genders are welcomed.
Social Reform Club is holding a book drive for Elkhart County Jail inmates. Collections are being taken in the first floor connector, outside of Westlawn Dining Hall and in the library. The club has a goal of collecting 300 books. Inmates have requested books written by Black and Latino authors.
Daryl Shawn in Java Junction
Acoustic guitarist and GC alumnus Daryl Shawn will perform at Java Junction on Thursday as part of his week-long tour starting in Chicago. The music will begin at 9 p.m. and admission is free.
PAS: Pink Martini
Pink Martini will perform at Sauder Concert Hall on Friday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are sold out, but the Welcome Center will coordinate at waiting list. Call to inquire at 574-535-7566.
In last week’s “Six-pack marathon” article, Linda Kaminskis was misquoted. The quote said “my exercise physiology class,” but she doesn’t teach the class. In an email, she said she believes her actual quote was, “We should have the exercise physiology class study their O2 levels, diet and recovery times to see how their bodies can handle it.”