This past year has been one of the most difficult years of my life. Our family continues to mourn the loss of Jim as husband and father. Jim’s presence, his love, his jokes and his medical knowledge are just a few of the things we miss.

The physical wounds incurred that night have healed, but the emotional ones will take more time. Our children are doing as well as can be expected for grieving children. Life is not easy for any of us.

I have full confidence in the police and trust that the investigation will bring about a conviction. We don’t know how long it will take. The police are working diligently on the case.

I continue to trust God every day for strength and for healing. I have experienced God’s peace, power and presence in the midst of this tragedy. God never promised us an easy life, but he did promise to never leave us.

Thank you to all those who supported us in various ways this past year. A special thank you to the classes of 1962 and 2012 who contributed the plantings and bench near the labyrinth in memory of Jim.

Linda Miller, Oct. 9, 2012