What: Adriel Santiago’s senior theater recital

When: Wednesday April 27, 2011 8 p.m.

Where: Umble Center

Why: The show is for the completion of Santiago’s degree as a theater and communication student. “It could be considered something like the theatrical equivalent of a thesis paper,” he said.

About the play: “I put together a one-man show, which I have called Hephzibah,” said Santiago. “It is an abridged version of the book of Revelation, involving extreme physicality and aerial artistry. I truly believe this book—the revelation of Jesus—should awe us and reveal the heart of God, who will remove anything and everything that hinders love…It is important that the audience understand that the promises of God are of peace in the midst of turmoil.”

Others involved: First-year Maryn Munley, set design and props; sophomore Jenny Boehs, light design; junior Nathaniel Tann, sound design; first-year Isaac Fast, media designer; senior Jordan Kauffman, poster and program designer; sophomore Vanessa Hofer, stage manager; Mohammad Rasoulipour, Emma Gerig and Maryn Munley, contributing artists.  Santiago is still looking for another artist or two interested in creating a scene from Revelation.

The audience should look for: Said Santiago, “Well—without giving it all away—I think aerial stunts, by nature, tend to leave audiences breathless.”

What it’s like putting together a show: “More than anything, just seeing what happens when you endeavor to do something that seems unattainable,” he said. “I found that toying with your body’s physical limits never comes without a great deal of risk, pain, and faith. Still, I am doing things I never thought I would have the opportunity to do.”