Visiting artist offers lecture

Hung Liu, this year’s Eric Yake Kenagy Visiting Artist, will present a public lecture on Sunday at 7:30 p.m. in Rieth Recital Hall.

Liu, a native of China, is an internationally-acclaimed artist whose work has been featured in the Smithsonian Institution, Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography and the National Museum of American Art. Liu’s art combines traditional Chinese imagery and symbolism with her own unique, modern twist.

She currently works as a professor of visual arts at Mills College in Oakland, California.

The lecture is free and will be followed by a reception with the artist and her work in the Hershberger Gallery.

Liu’s work will be on exhibit in the gallery from now until March 3.

Ben Noll
Written by Ben Noll

Senior Theater and Sociology double-major from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I am currently in my second semester working as Arts page editor for The Record. I enjoy reading, going to the movies, eating, watching Philadelphia and Penn State sports, and thinking about graduation. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, criticisms, or story ideas. All good art, including journalism, is about collaboration!

No one have left a comment for this post yet!