As exam season approaches, here are my 10 study tips that you literally won’t find anywhere else.
- Look to the person on your left, and then look to the person on your right. Both of these people saw you playing Candy Crush on your iPad.
- Go to the Academic Writing Center. But not after dark, because two thirds of Academic Writing Center staff are vampires.
- In the “words” of President Jim Brenneman, “Play more League of Legends.”
- Professors can see the last time you checked Moodle. So, constantly refresh the page to impress them and get an A.
- In the movie series “Star Wars,” there is a Sarlacc Pit where a giant underground plant worm digests its still-living prey for a thousand years. Make sure to ace your exams. Otherwise, the registrar’s office is waiting with an anti-gravity barge to dump you in that Sarlacc Pit.
- Goshen College bought the anti-gravity barge with the money saved by filling in the pool.
- Instead of studying for one long-time slot, break your studying into small chunks. In between, check Facebook.
- Stay hydrated. Doctors recommend drinking one or two quarts of water right before your test.
- Try not to be late for exams, but if you are, make sure to have a good excuse. “A UFO abducted my alarm clock” is a tried and true Goshen favorite.
- See you on the other side—or in the Sarlacc Pit. No pressure, fellow Maple Leafs