Artist's Corner – March 12

Abigail Groff, a senior art major from Lancaster, Pa., is this week’s featured artist. Her graphite and watercolor work is currently on display in the Hershberger Art Gallery in the Music Center.

Groff’s piece is part of a series of four 8″ x 8″ figure drawings. Groff began each panel with a graphite line drawing before building the form by adding watercolor washes and additional lines.

“Unlike some of my larger drawings,” Groff said, “the context of the space that the figure is in is less significant. The way the body fills the compressed space is more important.”

The current senior art exhibit, which also features the work of four other senior art majors, is on display from now until March 18. The exhibit is available for viewing as long as the Music Center is open.

Ben Noll
Written by Ben Noll

Senior Theater and Sociology double-major from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I am currently in my second semester working as Arts page editor for The Record. I enjoy reading, going to the movies, eating, watching Philadelphia and Penn State sports, and thinking about graduation. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, criticisms, or story ideas. All good art, including journalism, is about collaboration!

No one have left a comment for this post yet!